External power Maix Dock

Can I connect an external power supply directly to the 5V power pins of the Maix Dock and bypass the USB-connector? Or are these output pins only?

To answer my own question: Yes, you can drive the board using the 5V or 3.3V pins.

Hi, did you find an answer to your questions?

Today i’m facing the same problem, I want to power my Maix from the Arduino 5V pin, and/or from the same power source for the Arduino that currently has 2000mA.

Another source of power could be the 5V pin of a Raspberry PI.

I hope some one have the answer to this questions, or we’ll have to “try and cross our fingers” .

Can you power through 3v3 ?
Maix Bit too?

No, you can’t.
Internally, the EA3036 power management IC is used to generate not only 3,3V but also 0.9V and 1.8V from 5V input.
Connecting only external 3.3V would leave the K210 without other voltages and could potentially damage the PMIC.
The same is true for M1/M1W modules to.

1 Like

Hi, I haven’t try it, but a friend of mine told me , that I can use the red pins to power the Maix

If you see the RED Pins have a label of 5V, and ofcourse you have to use the GND pins.

In the raspberry pi documentation, i found that the 5V pins are conected to the USB-Type C input, then i think we can use this pins to power the Maix.

But I did’t try it , because I had problems to connect the raspberry pi to the MaixPy using the SPI port and when I used the UART Port, the max speed was 3mpbs and i need 13mps, then i had to stop this project.