Built in apps, dodgy!

I have just received my RiscV MaixCube with firmware V0.50-62-gd6620f1, and I like the built in applications, but at the moment they seem to be a bit immature… The camera image is reversed left to right on the built in screen. Also, the only way out after having taken a single shot, is to reset the device. The image doesn’t seem to be stored anywhere, and if I put a microSD card in, the device seems to crash on start-up. Has anyone got any further with the as delivered firmware?
Tony

Hi;

You’ve gotten further than me! I’m an experienced ai researcher, but no experience with Sipeed stuff.

I can get to the LCD display of files but nothing I click on runs anything. Any tips on running the demos. Likewise, nothing happens on the PC when I plug in the USB. I haven’t been able to find any doc on getting started…

cheers,
donrob

Hi Donrob

What firmware does yours have? When I connect mine to my MacBook, the USB is recognised by the OS:

Sipeed-Debug:
Product ID: 0x6001
Vendor ID: 0x0403 (Future Technology Devices International Limited)
Version: 4.00
Serial Number: 6D522620A7
Speed: Up to 12Mb/sec
Manufacturer: Kongou Hikari
Location ID: 0x14100000 / 19
Current Available (mA): 500
Current Required (mA): 100
Extra Operating Current (mA): 0

The display on the LCD shows a face with eye’s moving middle and right. Moving the dial wheel, I get the SiPeed logo. Left on the toggle wheel shows 4 icons and the battery charging symbol top right. Right on the toggle selects the 4 icons in sequence. Select the top right and it is the camera, and left click takes a photo and it locks up. The top left icon gives details of the firmware. Bottom left gives details of the apps and their memory size in flash - you can select one but it hangs when run.
I have attached a picture of what the firmware version screen shows.
Hope this helps - you should soon be stuck like me!
Tony